bem-xjst is a template engine for web development using the BEM methodology.
It contains two engines:
- BEMHTML — for transforming BEMJSON to HTML.
- BEMTREE — for transforming BEMJSON with data to BEMJSON with a BEM tree for further transformation using BEMHTML.
Before using the template engine, you should review:
- Templates are extensible: they can be redefined or extended.
- Templates are written using pattern matching for the values and structure of input data.
- Traverses input data by default.
- Built-in rendering behavior is used by default, even if the user didn’t add templates.
- Doesn’t require compiling templates.
- API provided for adding templates in runtime.
- Runs on a server and client.
Read next: Quick Start